Crystal Falls Trail ReportHoughton Trail ReportDrummond Island Trail ReportIshpeming Trail ReportTwin Lakes, Greenland, Mass City Trail ReportStrongs Trail ReportManistique Trail ReportMunising Trail ReportCurtis Trail ReportNewberry Trail ReportSeney Trail ReportSault Ste. Marie Trail ReportNaubinway Trail ReportSt. Ignace Trail ReportParadise Trail ReportGrand Marais Trail ReportCedarville Trail ReportEscanaba Trail ReportMarquette Trail ReportWatersmeet Trail ReportIron River Trail ReportLake Gogebic Trail ReportIronwood Trail ReportIron Mountain Trail ReportMenominee Trail ReportBaraga Trail ReportSilver City Trail ReportOntonagon Trail ReportKeweenaw Peninsula Trail ReportCopper Harbor Trail Report

St. Ignace Michigan Snowmobile Trail Report

TRAIL REPORT

1/17/2019 - Straits Area Snowmobile Club

Trails are currently in very good condition. There are no major issues to report. Everything is flat and fast and frankly better then any point last year (except the April riding

We have been running essentially on the one snowfall, and there are areas where the snow is starting to wear out. 2 thin spots on the RR grade one in Moran and one 5 miles North of Iggy. Both have firm and smooth ice base, but a few rocks poking through and the snow is pretty thin. You can easily pass through - just letting you know. All of our trails were groomed up yesterday & last night, and are holding up very well.

That the good, the bad is we had a mechanical breakdown on the Brevort groomer last night. Deere tech is supposed to be in-route. I don't think is is anything that can't be fixed (no strange parts to order) but you just never know with these things. If it has to stay down for the weekend, we will do our best to cover at the bare minimum the core for the system: Iggy-Trout Lake- Brevort. We will cut the Cedarville, and probably the Caffey trails if we don't have time to groom them. Just a heads up, and I will post up info when I know more later today.

Forecast for the weekend is very cold. Bring a couple extra layers, and plan on some hot-tub time after riding. There is no snow in the forecast for about a week, long term they are calling for a possible storm next mid-week, and a bigger one the end of the following weekend. Too far out to see if it tracks through the EUP, but the 7 day QEF is showing 3-5in already, and that doesn't have the second storm factored in yet.

Other Important Snowmobile Links listed below.